Aetaltis is a new RPG campaign setting that rekindles the fire of classic heroic fantasy gameworlds. It's everything that made fantasy RPGs great reimagined for today's games and gamers!
In the World of Aetaltis, you are a spark of hope in a land where the people are fighting back against the grim forces of darkness. You play the part of stalwart warriors, wizards, priests, and rogues who aren't waiting for some great king or a distant god to rescue them. They're taking matters into their own hands and bringing the fight to the enemy.
In the upcoming World of Aetaltis setting books for 5E, you and your friends will explore a world where:
- Dwarven zealots fight a guerrilla war to retake their lost Deepland homes from a seemingly unstoppable horde of monsters.
- Humans are part of an alliance of races from another world, trapped on Aetaltis by the very world gates that brought them there.
- Arcane magic is fickle, requiring spellcasters to take exceptional care or risk losing control of the incredible powers they wield.
- Drothmal barbarians wade into battle with wild, terrifying abandon, reveling in every wound as a gift from the God of Trial.
- Fey folk take myriad wondrous forms, from fleet winged fairies to clever sprites to noble elves.
- Brutish orog warriors wage a constant battle against enemies both without…and within.
Aetaltis wraps the classic fantasy ideas we all love into exciting new stories that make the setting both intimately familiar and tantalizingly new.
A scythaa ranger and an atlan cleric explore the ruins of the Thornwall's forest gate. (Art by Brandon Liao)
To learn more about Aetaltis:
- We post new setting materials and game rules on the site every week! Be sure to visit often or follow us on social media!
- Check out CHAMPIONS OF AETALTIS, an anthology of short stories set in Aetaltis from bestselling authors like David Farland, Elaine Cunningham, Mel Odom, and Erin M. Evans!
- Grab a free electronic copy of THE HEROES OF THORNWALL from DriveThruRPG (includes Pathfinder rules but provides source materials you can use in any game system!)