CLICK HERE to visit the preorder page here to order your copy today!
On May 18th we're launching our next Kickstarter: an anthology of Aetaltis short stories written by some of the very best fantasy authors in the business!
There is more exciting information coming soon, so watch this space or follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/aetaltis) for the latest updates!
Mechanical Muse Announces New Pathfinder® Compatible Role Playing Game and a Star-Studded Surprise!
April 28, 2015—Role playing game publisher Mechanical Muse is pleased to announce The Heroes of Thornwall, a new game book set in their world of Aetaltis.
With goblins on the loose and the nearest royal guard post more than three days’ ride away, the town of Thornwall needs help! Complete with gorgeous color artwork and maps, players will be able to visit the amazing world of Aetaltis as they never have before. This game book includes everything heroes need to complete their next Pathfinder campaign, including a detailed town environment, a classic fantasy tavern to serve as their launch pad to adventure, more than twenty non-player characters to help and hinder them, and a high-stakes adventure that plunges heroes right into the action.
Created by Marc Tassin, a published author and editor with years of experience in the gaming industry, Aetaltis is a world that embraces well-loved fantasy elements while breathing new life into them. Part of the initial idea of the world was to create a property that would be able to support a variety of creative endeavors across many platforms, including games, fiction, comics, and art. With that in mind, there is another upcoming event Aetaltis and fantasy fans everywhere won’t want to miss.
On May 11, Mechanical Muse will launch a Kickstarter campaign for its new fiction anthology, Champions of Aetaltis. This anthology will feature original fantasy stories from some of the biggest authors in roleplaying game and fantasy fiction today, including stories from:
- David Farland (New York Times Bestselling Author)
- Ed Greenwood (creator of the Forgotten Realms fantasy world)
- Larry Correia (New York Times Bestselling Author)
- Elaine Cunningham (New York Times Bestselling Author)
- Michael A. Stackpole (New York Times Bestselling Author)
- Elizabeth Vaughan (USA Today Bestselling Author)
- Aaron Rosenberg (Star Trek, World of Warcraft, Starcraft)
- Mel Odom (Shadowrun, Award-winning Author of The Rover trilogy)
- Jean Rabe (Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms)
- Dave Gross (Pathfinder Tales)
- Lucy A. Snyder (Bram Stoker Award winner)
- Steven S. Long (HERO System)
- Richard Lee Byers (Forgotten Realms)
- Cat Rambo (Nebula Award nominee and World Fantasy Special Award winner)
- Bill Willingham (Creator of the Fables comic)
Along with many more equally talented and experienced authors. The anthology will be edited by John Helfers, who has edited more than one hundred anthologies for major publishers such as DAW Books, Tor, Baen, and many others.
Readers will experience the world of Aetaltis in the shoes of characters facing deadly dangers and long odds. They will discover what lies within the mysterious tower of the Golden God, test their courage in the monster-infested halls of the Deeplands, and accompany dwarven stonesailors as they brave the perils of the Blade Sea.