A New World of Adventure Awaits
A Time of Hope, an Age of Heroes
Discover the Wonders of Aetaltis
Welcome to the World of Aetaltis!
The World of Aetaltis is a bold new land of fantasy adventure for the Fifth Edition (5E) of the world’s best known roleplaying game!
It is unlike anything you’ve seen before and yet it’s a world where you’ll immediately feel at home! Whether you’re new to the game or a veteran adventurer, it’s the world you’ve been waiting for!
- 11 Lineages: Play a flighty fairy, a towering orog, a saurian scythaa, a merciless drothmal, a clever cheebat, an enigmatic newardin, or a scintillating sprite. Or choose from one of your favorites, including elves, dwarves, humans, and halflings.
- 9 Callings: Define what drives your character to fight the forces of darkness by selecting one of 9 Callings, a new background option unique to Aetaltis!
- 15 Cultures: Create a rich origin story for your character by selecting from 15 unique Cultures. Are your the an elf raised in a dwarven stronghold? An orog brought up among the cheebat? The choices are yours to make!
- Point Based Magic: Experience the power and peril of the skill driven, point-based arcane spellcasting system. Push yourself beyond your natural limits, tap ley lines, and even cast spells above your safe level.
- New Rules for Corruption: Fight for your immortal soul against the powers of darkness as the new corruption rules threaten your very being.
- New Class—The Mountebank: Join the adventure as a dashing Mountebank, a new class that uses deception, wits, and cunning to slice their way through the world.
- 12 New Divine Domains: Clerics choose from a dozen unique divine domains, each shaped to the power of a different god and offering a distinctive gaming experience.
- Real World Medieval Prices: Experience a realistic economic system based on real prices from Europe during the late 13th and early 14th centuries.
- PLUS dark magic, essence wells, goodwill and resolve systems, more than 30 monsters, new backgrounds, rules for rooms and buildings, expanded trap and poison rules, a haunting system, and more!
Plus the entire setting is wrapped in a rich story you won’t be able to get enough of:
- The Wards are Failing: After a thousand years, the ancient wards designed to hold the forces of darkness at bay are failing putting everyone and everything you love at risk!
- Liberate Your Homeland: Dwarven zealots engage in a brutal guerrilla war to retake their lost Deepland homes from a seemingly unstoppable horde of monsters.
- Off-world Explorers: Humans lead an alliance of races from another world who were trapped on Aetaltis after the cataclysmic collapse of the arcane world gates that brought them there.
- Scars of the Past: Explore the deadly magical forests of the Elliyen Wilds, the consequence of a mad elven queen’s failed bid for divinity. Clamber through the chaos soaked ruins of Old Erinor, a place where the ghosts of the dead are literally trapped in time. Unlock the secrets of the bizarre, plant enshrouded ruins hidden in the depths of the Zhamayen Jungle.
- Plus a thousand more tales, stories, and adventure hooks to inspire your epic campaigns.
- Escape the Deeplands Scores!The scores for the 2022 Convention Event: Escape the Deeplands are up! Head over to the conventions page to check… Read More »Escape the Deeplands Scores!
- Welcome Adventurers!Join Aetaltan League of Adventurers Today Welcome to the Aetaltan League of Adventurers, a special program where you can earn… Read More »Welcome Adventurers!
- Guardians of Agthor – Kickstarter is Live!Our next Kickstarter launched on May 31st! GUARDIANS OF AGTHOR is an amazing fantasy adventure setting filled with new monsters,… Read More »Guardians of Agthor – Kickstarter is Live!
- Guardians of Agthor—Coming May 31stOur next Kickstarter launches on May 31st! Learn about the new book, and sign up for notifications!
- Mechanical Muse Magazine PreviewDo you miss the classic gamer magazines like Dragon as much as we do? Well, we’ve got a plan, and… Read More »Mechanical Muse Magazine Preview
- World of Aetaltis Patreon is Live!Come along with us as we create a treasure trove of content for fans of tabletop roleplaying games! With your… Read More »World of Aetaltis Patreon is Live!
- The Forgotten Gate AwaitsThe ward on the gate to a forgotten Deepland hall has failed, leaving the surrounding countryside defenseless against the hordes… Read More »The Forgotten Gate Awaits
- Cyber Monday SaleGet an amazing deal on the World of Aetaltis: Adventurer’s Guide and the Champions of Aetaltis anthology! With these two… Read More »Cyber Monday Sale
- World of Aetaltis PDF BundleWe’re excited to announce a new World of Aetaltis book bundle, now available on DriveThruRPG! The bundle contains all six… Read More »World of Aetaltis PDF Bundle
- 5e Campaign Sheets PDFs AvailableOne shot and campaign sheets are now available in PDF format for download. One Shot Sheets are a simple one page… Read More »5e Campaign Sheets PDFs Available
World of Aetaltis: Player’s Guide
The World of Aetaltis: Player’s Guide includes everything you need to make a character for a World of Aetaltis game, as well as the Aetaltis rules you’ll need at the table over the course of your adventures! Inside, you’ll find:
- Seven New Lineages (Plus All Your Old Favorites): Play one of the seven new Aetaltan lineages, including cheebats, drothmals, fairies, newardin, orogs, scythaa, and sprites. Or choose from your old favorites, such as humans, dwarves, elves, and halflings.
- Cultures, Callings, and Finishing Touches: Add richness and depth to your adventurer with new character creation options. Choose from fifteen unique Aetaltan cultures, nine different callings, and a wealth of options for fleshing out your character’s history.
- Heroic Character Classes: Everything you need to know to play your favorite classes in an Aetaltis adventure, plus the new Mountebank class.
- New Point-Based Magic System: Discover the secrets of glyph magic, an exciting new system for point-based arcane spellcasting. Draw on the power of ley lines, charge your essence stones, and cast spells directly from newly recovered spellbooks. But beware! Roll a 1 and you face potential disaster with catastrophic spell failure!
- And Much More: All of the great content described above, plus a dozen new divine domains, nine new backgrounds, new spells, and over twenty pages of equipment with a revised pricing system based on real 13th century European prices!
So grab your blade and spellbook, gather your most courageous companions, and get ready to start your adventure in the World of Aetaltis! And for even more adventure, check out the entire line of World of Aetaltis books,
The World of Aetaltis: Gamemaster’s Guide contains everything a gamemaster needs to turn their Fifth Edition World of Aetaltis games into legendary campaigns. It’s the third in the series of World of Aetaltis core books, along with the World of Aetaltis: Adventurer’s Guide and the World of Aetaltis: Player’s Guide.
The World of Aetaltis: Adventurer’s Guide is a book of wonders originally commissioned by none other than High Lord Drakewyn of Agthor himself and assembled by a dedicated team of veteran scholars from the Royal College of New Erinor. They created this landmark work to aid novice adventurers as they set out to fight the forces of darkness and build their legends.